Search This Blog

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Summary (Thing 24)

"Red Rover Red Rover Send Becky, Johnny, Jan, Sue, Larry, Bobby the Bus Driver, Phyllis's cat with one eye, Sam, Molly, Minny, Marvin the Martian....oh yeah...and Amanda"

Pity, I never broke the chain; I always ran the 13 minute mile...even after cutting through the football field...on a BIKE! Well, maybe not, but organized sports were never my thing. Organized anything was never my thing. I am too laid back for fierce competition. I hate heat, and I want to marry the air-conditioner inventor (zombie corpse and all), and I just don't get the "we" thing associated with sports.
Some of this probably has to do with the fact that I LOVE solitude. I love it more than air conditioning. When I was a kid, I remember being so anxious to go home...and sit...and watch t.v.....but not really watch it, just have it's noisy company in the background...and just sit and think. I could sit for days because this mind of mine never stops. It's like toddlers on Twinkies or something "spinning, fast, random and loopy"...ooh, like the Tea-Cups at Disney World. Except this ride has a malfunction and the gear is stuck in warp speed.

Why am I writing this? (sigh) I don't know. Procrastination. Fears. Insomnia....AND

It's this fruit fly gnat that keeps buzzing by my ear, and with each pass he whispers "pst."....(buzz buzz buzz)...."PpSStTT"...(buzz buzz)..."Puurrr" (oops, he turned into a cat dressed like a fruit fly, suspended in air by a theatrical harness). Anyways..."pur puuurrr PURPOSE. WHERE'S YOUR PURPOSE?!"

I have been looping around for days now,   dwelling on this cat/fly/question that just won't go away. But, even as I type, I can see my  "cat in a fly costume" spinning around. Ope, his tail just got tangled in the rope. He has a fat belly, andhe  reminds me of the yellow fat cat from An American Tale. Yep, poor thing, he's still stuck. I just walked by and pushed him.

I do that with everything though. If you could push your way into my head (without the whole death aspect and all), you would be able to see all of these thoughts spinning in circles. Water molecules in a pot of boiling water. You could probably reach out an grab a thought.

Explaining this can be a lengthy process. It often involves minutes of confusing 1/2 sentences;then a finale of napkin sketches and "junk-mail envelope" artwork...to illustrate my point.

The more I read, the more I understand about this right-sided brain of mine...and my visual spatial self. It is complicated though. I got a 3/15 on an assignment for another class...not because I didn't understand, but because I don't think that she understood me. Perhaps I should have used a mind map, photo mashup, or web-based software application (yeah, I used some hip lingo there)...and now I am laughing at myself for using the phrase "hip lingo."

Okay, so what is my point? Well, I know that my random visual mind is not the only one in the world. I know that there are students in classrooms right now who are getting 3/15's because their thoughts are lost in translation. Things 1-23 explore Web 2.0 tools that can assist these students, ways inwhich all people (students, educators, professionals, and even the social network lurker) can benefit from its use.

I don't think this is long enough. My insatiable need to procrastinate is fueling my fingers to type type type, instead of finish my other assignments.

Addictive. Assistive. Awesome. and Always evolving. That's Amanda. (oops) I mean, that's Web 2.0.

1 comment:

  1. I read your blogs throughout the semester and found them a great read. Just thought I'd let you know at least someone enjoyed/shared/sympathized with the insanity of the 23 Things.

    ReplyDelete