Search This Blog

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Thing 21

Topic: Animoto

Be careful of what you wish for. It just might come true. Animoto allows you to create short or full length movies with pictures or video clips. You can add music as well. Discouraged because I have been slacking in the "Mom photography" department, I silently wished to myself "I really just wish I had something interesting to make this video clip with."

Little did I know, my wish would soon be granted....and BOY WAS IT GRANTED! Take a look at my video I created using Animoto.


Create your own video slideshow at animoto.com.

Now, not everyone will have the joy of having their living room redecorated with baby powder. Even so, there are many instances that would warrant the use of Animoto, especially in the classroom. Other than for personal uses, Animoto could be used in the classroom to showcase student artwork or projects. Individuals or groups of work could be displayed.

Students could make videos of examples of a particular style of art or artistic period. Teachers could use it as a way to assess student learning. For example, if the assignment was to "make a video with 10 examples of Renaissance Art" and a student includes pictures of contemporary art or Egyptian pyramids...then teachers would know that specific areas of concern need to be addressed.

It was pretty interesting making the video. The events that led up to it however...not so great. Memorable and entertaining...but not great. (I had just had the carpets cleaned 2 days ago!)


No comments:

Post a Comment