Search This Blog

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Thing 1

Topic: Response to 7 1/2 Habits Slide Show, which habit is easiest, hardest, why, web 2.0 goals for learning, and blogging experiences so far

7 1/2 Habits for Life Long Learners:
  1. Begin with the end in mind
  2. Accept responsibility for your own learning
  3. View problems as challenges
  4. Have confidence as a competent effective learner
  5. Create your own learning toolbox
  6. Use technology to your advantage
  7. Teach/mentor others....and Play (7 1/2)
Of the habits listed above, the easiest for me is Habit 2: accept responsibility for your own learning. It mentioned viewing learning as an investment, becoming an active participant in training and discussions, and reading material related to your subject/goal. This is something that has always come naturally to me. I seem to have an internal compass that's always pointed in the direction of "learning something." Granted, the learning going on may not always be relevant to the goal at hand...but that's more of an issue with management than desire/responsibility.

Using technology to my advantage is by far the hardest habit for me to master. Of the many reasons why I am "technologically challenged," ignorance is probably the biggest factor. Simply stated, I do not know how to use the web effectively or efficiently. Improving upon this lack of knowledge is a goal of mine while exploring Web 2.0 from this point forward.

As far as blogging is concerned...I am unfamiliar with this site, so that fact has caused some mild anxiety issues. I have some experience blogging through social networking sites, mainly about the craziness of my life and the humor it exudes. I am a little nervous about the tone of my blogs, especially later on as I become more comfortable with Blogger and the assignments. It will be challenging to stay on point...and not start rambling about cheerios fusing to carpet fibers or the architectural structure of toddler designed bridges.

Either way, I look forward to learning about Web 2.0 and hope I can pace myself accordingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment