Search This Blog

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Thing 18

Thing 18: social networking sites

I have had both a Myspace and Facebook account. Of the two, Facebook (or as some would say, "FB") is my preferred social networking site...but only because that's where my friends are. If they were on a different site,  I would probably use that instead. I don't have many "friends," but it is because I'm somewhat of a FB snob. I use it to keep in touch with a handful of people.

I understand the positive and negative implications of using a social networking site, and while I can censor my own actions, I cannot do the same for others. This is important to remember...especially if you are the person with 800 "friends." In conservative or professional fields, as that of education, it is essential to be aware of elements such as these, as they can have an impact on employment.

There are many other websites educators can use to communicate with parents and students. I would explore other options before using Facebook for school purposes.

I created a Facebook badge that is on my blog page. You can view it from there, or you can click HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment