Search This Blog

Monday, February 8, 2010

Thing 11

Topic: Subscribe to new blogs/RSS feeds of choice and address the following:
  • Which method of finding feeds did you find easiest to use? Random discovery is the easiest for me. I think it's because of the way my train of thought works. I'm all over the place, so adhering to one method usually ends in disaster.
  • What kind of useful feeds did you find in your travels? science, art, literary feeds. The news feeds were too busy for me. I'll stick to the old fashioned "type in the website address" method when I want to see the news pages.
  • Or what kind of unusual ones did you find? Ones that are not suited for this forum. Apparently there are multiple interpretations of what defines "Art." To each his own I suppose.
  • What other tools or ways did you find to locate newsfeeds? It has been my experience so far that so of the best methods are the accidental ones. It reminds me of "Follow the Leader, but with links instead."

Feeds Currently on McNealEDUC5540 page:
  1. Issue Lab: Arts and Culture
  2. Reading Rockets
Other Subscriptions (incomplete list):
  1. It Has Come To My Attention (science blog) This one is in my toolbar....hmm....the wheels are turning and it's starting to make sense....sorry, thinking outloud....
  2. Six Fics. This one is neat, although there hasn't been a recent post in a while. The author uses only 6 words to tell a story. It's very interesting, as well as the other blogs within the profile. This was one of my favorites. I subscribed to the blog, but not the RSS feed (I think).
  3. SciScoop Science News--Just now, it was through this one that RSS feeds "clicked"...and the lightbulb went off. I was looking at the links listed on the blog above and went to a few. This one caught my eye, was of interest to me, and low and behold...in the top right corner there was a Subscribe to RSS feed button. It was smooth sailing and flashing light bulbs from that point on.
You can also see Thing 10 for a list of additional blog subscriptions.

No comments:

Post a Comment