Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Thing 13

Thing 13...Google Docs

I used Google Docs to make a slide presentation. You can view it by clicking HERE.

I went through many stages of "approval" for Google Docs. At first, I thought it was not for me. After all, I have Microsoft Word...why would I need something else. Then, I had the joyous experience of loosing my USB thing, my old computer took a permanent vacation to Computer Heaven, and I found myself stuck...

In times like these, it would have been very useful to have documents accessible via the internet.

I have found, though, that old habits are hard to break. There are many benefits of using online word processors, but the catch is that you actually have to USE them.

On a side note, Open Office is great. Along with the FREE part, it has many features similar to Microsoft Word but it is compatible with many others. Downloading OpenOffice eliminated my need for a file converter for .docx files.

No comments:

Post a Comment